Sunday, May 17, 2009

Journal excerpts May6-13th:

May 6th:
*Laura went to preschool and the littles and I went grocery shopping
*Laura's friend Adri came over after preschool. She's an 'old soul', very serious and quiet. She and Laura didn't have too much in common.
*Walked to the park with the kids
*Brent was wonderful and did the dishes, helped get the kids bathed, and put them to bed while I went on a bike ride.
*I just went and checked on the girls: they're both giggling in Laura's bed- with both of their pillows. I know I'll have to go in in a few minutes and put Eden back in her bed, but for now I'll just enjoy them being friends.


May 8th:
*Ryan is starting to push up on his knees. It won't be long before he's crawling.

May 10th:
*Went to Logan yesterday for Allie's 4th birthday party. While we were there Brent took Laura with Nate and Allie to the 'Health Days' fair. They got to ride a few rides and bond. I took a much needed nap at Sarah's.
*It's been a good mother's day: Brent and the girls gave me a toaster and a blender (mine died in our wave of appliance malfunctions). and Brent arranged for us to go this weekend alone to Park City alone. Now that is a mother's day present! I can't wait.
*The reality check: the little ones were exhausted and we spent all of sacrament meeting out in the foyer. Oh well, 'mother's day' comes in small moments, not miracles!

May 13th:
*Had the girls make cut-outs of their hands, print a chore on each finger, and set them to work. I set a mental timetable, two hours, for them to finish before I started getting frustrated, and you know what, they actually did it.

Picture: Laura is decorating the 'rain stick' we made out of a paper towel tube, aluminum foil, and rice. Eden is practicing scooping rice and pouring into bowls and cups; it got everywhere!

No comments: