Saturday, September 29, 2007

I can do it, there's nothing to it, I can do it...By myself!


Those are the lyrics to one of Laura's favorite barney songs ( yes, my daughter loves Barney), and they apply very well to my foray into peach canning. I've canned for several years with my Mom and sisters, but this is the first year that I've done it all by myself without anyone near by to help me. I did put in a few inquiring phone calls to Rosemary, but on the whole it was really a one-woman deal. And I will say that I really enjoyed it. It was actually relaxing to make a really big mess and then have something pretty to show for it. Plus, all my bottles sealed, and they turned this really cool reddish color. So enough said, I guess I could have just posted the picture!

6 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

Look @ u go girl! Very pretty. Now lets do applesauce @ my house next week.

The Compound said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Compound said...

10 years ago I thought, "Abby will have arrived once she can do preserves by her lonesome." And here we are.

--
Gunnar Moulton
"Viva Laughlin"
Los Angles, CA
gunndog@gmail.com
myspace.com/gunnarishere

***
Note: previous post full of no good typos. Thus deleted & replaced with this smily massage... gah!... message.

Devony said...

Wow they are so pretty! Good job Abbs! You're quite the little homemaker!

Stafford said...

So proud, sniff....sniff....

Tews said...

You come by it honestly. Did you know that Grandpa Henry, with a little help from Nettie, canned up a bushel of peaches this year? He didn't want to blanch the peaches so he hand peeled every one himself.