Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ok, so here is another little Blog-tag thingymajig. But I'm here in Idaho, Brent's still in Utah, my kids are asleep so I have lots of free time to post about my sweetie:

What is your husband's name? Brent Ryan Beattie
2. How long have you been together? We've been married for 4 1/2 years, and have known each and dated off and on for 10 years! Holy cow. That's a long time.
3. How long did you date? You know that is really an odd question, I bet if we added it up not counting 'undating''time it would probaly be about 4 years. After Brent came home from his mission we were engaged a month and a half later though, fast, but it seemed slow!
4. How old is he? 26, a great age.
5. Who eats more? Definitely Brent, and he stays skinny as ever!
6. Who said I love you first? I really have no idea for sure. But I think it was Brent. Yea, definitely brent.
7. Who is taller? Brent, but it's not hard to beat 5'2''. His 5'9'' seems really tall to me.
8. Who sings better? hmmm, we sound good together.
9. Who is smarter? At math and testing and cars and math and financial stuff Brent, hands down.
10. Whose temper is worse? Me. Me. Me. But I too am working on it!
11. Who does the laundry? Me, because I'm home, but Brent's really good about reminding me to switch it when I've left a load in the washing machine for a few days.
12. Who does the dishes? Days, me. After work, Brent is great at cleaning up after dinner.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Define right. I happen to think we both sleep on the right side of the bed!
14. Who pays the bills? Brent. I get to shop:)
15. Who mows the lawn? Our HOA! They take care of our front lawn and Brent takes 10 minutes once in a while and fires up our little lawn mower for the back lawn.
16. Who cooks dinner? I do, but Brent is also a great Sunday roast man
17. Who drives when you are together? Brent. I hand toys and treats into the back seat.
18. Who is more stubborn? When we were in High School and Brent would be mad at me about something he wouldn't stew about it for about 3 weeks until I finally noticed that something was wrong, and by that time the whole problem had usually resolved itself. But now he's really good about resolving issues, and I'm the one who has a hard time giving up my point of view!
19. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Hmm, that's a toss up. We're both working on that one.
20. Whose parents do you see the most? Both of our parents live exactly 3 hours away in Rexburg, so when we go up to visit we see both. Plus we both have sisters who live in Utah that we visit reguarly. It's great having everyone close.
21. Who proposed? The unofficial conversation went something like this: 'Abby, what are you thinking about?' 'Oh, I was just wondering about getting married in June or July?' 'July, definitely july.' Officialy, it was definitely Brent presenting the sparkly ring!
22. Who is more sensitive? Hmmm...again it's a toss up!
23. Who has more friends? Me. But I need them a lot more!
24. Who has more siblings? We both have 3 sisters apiece.
25. Who wears the pants in the family? I wear pants. Brent wears pants. Laura and Eden wear pants. But we all wear our own pants!
26. Where did you meet? In Jr. High orchestra. Yes, Brent plays the violin too!
27. What was the first thing you said to your husband? We actually remember this. I invited him to come to an after graduation party with a bunch of friends, and he did!
28. Where was your first date? Our first date, which was my first date too, was climbing the R mountain in Rexburg. He and Ryan had climbed to the top earlier in the day and gotten everything ready for a fire and dinner. Then we sat on top and watched all the stars. Unfortunately the flashlights they had thoughtfully broughten along ran out of batteries and we had to climb down in the dark. Crazy boy!
29. Where was your first kiss? Christmas Eve when I was 16 and Brent was 17 on my parent's front porch. Our first kiss after his mission? Christmas Eve. Talk about romantic.
30. Where did you get engaged? The unofficial....in his '79 Dodge pickup. The official...on the railroad tracks on top of the dry farms.
31. Where were you married? The Idaho Falls Temple
32. Where was the honeymoon? A wonderful cabin south of Park City, UT
33. If you could have changed anything about it what would it have been? Absolutely nothing!

Ok, tag time...I'll start with my usuals-Maren, Sarah, Ellen, and I'll add Devony because she's here in Idaho with me for Thanksgiving break! Thanks Alli for tagging me specifically, it's always fun to talk about Brent!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hooray for new topics to blog about! I totally enjoyed reading about Brent! Are you guys in ID for Christmas too? If so, when?

Beattie Family said...

You know we don't exactly know if we'll be in Utah or Idaho for Christmas. But we'll definitely post later about where we are. How long will you be in ID?