The other day I was getting into my cedar chest for something and I noticed my porcelain dolls from when I was a little girl. Santa Clause used to bring us one every Christmas. I looked at them sitting there getting dusty and called Laura and Eden in. For Laura it was love at first sight. They both loved taking off their little shoes and stockings and feeling their smooth porcelain faces. Laura slept with my favorite, the one that has a yellow dress and ringlets that I tried to comb out as a little girl. She named her Theresa and she is now sitting happily on their book shelf. The others went back into my cedar chest for another day.

3 comments:
Awh that is sweet. I remember those dolls.
i was looking at the jemmett photoa and remembering those old Christmases. not so long ago?
It's so sweet to pass along toys and memories and see your kids love them too.
Post a Comment