Sunday, May 23, 2010

April 2010…

Easter Spring Day’
P1000782We spent Easter weekend in Rexburg this year.  It was also General Conference and snowed the whole time we were there!  But this didn’t stop us from having our Easter Spring Activities on Saturday in between sessions.  The girls woke up to find that the Easter bunny had found us, even in the snow globe of Idaho, and brought them lots of fun goodies.  Also he brought Eden egg sidewalk chalk, Laura a bug catching kit (I had talked to the big bunny and let him know I was tired of Laura using my tupperware to catch spiders outside), and Ryan found little boats in his basket.  Also that crafty bunny made the girls new minky pillowcases, but Laura figured out that he must have snuck into our sewing room and taken the fabric to make them!  I love their innocence:)
Also we dyed eggs with our Stafford cousins (forgot to take a picture!), had an easter egg hunt in Grandma Martha’s front room, and played with Copper, the new puppy. The girls even played outside in my parent’s great backyard, even though we didn’t bring any snow clothes.  
Our way home on Monday was delayed because Brent couldn’t find his wallet and the van keys were missing!  But both were found eventually.  Little Kate remembered having seen his wallet behind one of the couches in the basement.  Hmmm, how did it get there?  The world may never know!  We hit a major snow storm on our way home and had a tense ride home, but we made it safely after a 5 hr. drive.  Easter spring day, my foot.  Maybe we’lltry again in a few months.
 
  P1000785
P1000788 
 
Roy Complex 5K
April 10th, 2010
After a year and a half of saying I was going to do it, I finally ran my first 5K!  Hurray for me!  I almost didn’t do it because all of my friends backed out, and did I mention it was 40 degrees!  But I’m so glad I accomplished my goal. I’m not a runner, but have been getting into it with encouragement from my marathon running hubbie. I ran the whole thing, came in at 27 minutes, a personal best, and Brent and the kids were there at the finish line to cheer me on! 

2 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

You are amazing! I have no desire to run, but I really look up to you for doing it.

Ellen Davenport said...

It always seems that we always lose keys or cell phones or something at the last minute there too. Do you remember how when we were little we would say that the couch ate it if anything went missing.