Laura had her first piano recital. Her teacher combined recitals with my violin students and another violin teacher so it was a nice sized group. Laura got a little nervous, but did a great job! She played Donkey Serenade and she and I played a duet called Little Things. After we got done she didn’t know what to do and I whispered for her to bow. Just as the clapping died down she bobbed a little curtsy and everyone laughed. Ryan was all over the place and Eden wouldn’t hold still, but I hope this was the first of many recitals for our family.
The first weekend in June the Staffords came down to Utah for their summer vacation. They stayed in a local hotel, my Mom and Dad came down and stayed with us, and the Schwartzes came over from Logan and stayed at Nate’s brother’s house. We all went to the zoo, the children’s museum, and Lagoon in one weekend. It was crazy fun!
Laura’s last day of school was the Friday morning we went to the zoo so Brent stayed home with Ryan and Eden and I went by ourselves. I loved being able to be there with just her. Eden and I were the last ones to leave every exhibit because she just wanted to sit and watch them. Classic observant Eden. I wish I knew what was going on in her little mind sometimes.
In the afternoon Brent, Laura, Ryan and my parents met us at the Tree house museum in Ogden. The kids played school, sang war songs with Grandpa in the teepee, drove the fire truck, chewed on toys, made woven baskets in the art garden and had a blast being with all of their cousins.
The next morning my Mom and I went yardsaling (yes that is the correct term), and them we all headed to Lagoon. My Mom was wonderful and spent the day with Ryan and baby Addison at our house. I’m sure they had a much better time there than they would at Lagoon. It was a fun day, my girls were a little hesitant about the rides, but after a little bit they warmed up and had a great time. Their favorite was the helicopters that you could make go up and down. We went to Lagoon-a-Beach (it was a little too cold for that though), and then spent the evening riding more rides and eating junk food. We took this family picture right when it was getting dark, about three minutes afterward Laura fell off of the raised sidewalk around the tree and scratched her face up and cut her lip and got a bloody nose. She was hysterical and we went home afterward.
On Sunday we had a barbecue at our house and the cousins played up the girls room for the afternoon. We were all tired and ready to recoup from our vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment