Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October 2010

P1010422P1010406  P1010411

October 5th

Brent turned 29!  We celebrated by having potpies and a scrumptious chocolate lava cake.  And the kids loved giving him presents, ok I loved giving him presents too:)  Yeah for Brent!

 

P1010433  P1010435 P1010437

One of my violin students let me pick a bunch of pears off of their D’AnJou tree this year.  Did you know that pears do not ripen on the tree?  They have to be put in cold storage for 7-10 days and then ripened in order not to get mushy in the center.  Lucky for me I have a cold storage room!  Since this variety of pears isn’t the best for canning I tried something new: pearsauce!  Basically applesauce but with pears.  Eden helped me mash them all up and put them in bottles and the result were these beautiful jars full of pearsauce.  It is absolutely delicious.  Especially on warm zucchini bread for breakfast.

 

 P1010452 P1010453P1010457 

October 13th

Eden’s preschool had a fieldtrip to the Fire station.  We watched the retro Donald Duck movie about fire safety, watched the fireman put on all of his gear, talked about how to get out of the house safely, and most importantly, looked at the fire trucks.  Eden wasn’t too impressed, it was all kind of loud, and not quite her thing.  But oh man, Ryan was in heaven.  I now understand a little bit better why all men are obsessed with trucks and trains and tractors.  They’re just born that way.  Ryan cried when we had to leave.  He wanted to stay forever.

The last half of the month was spent battling the stomach flu and colds, so not a lot happened.  Brent finished his second to last class (I’m not counting down at all), and the weather has been beautiful. 

 

P1010474P1010477    P1010461

October 28th

Eden’s preschool gave a little program for the parents and all the kids got to dress up in their Halloween costumes and sing their songs and talk about the letters.  Eden was so cute in her little bunny costume!  I told her she could hop around and she looked at me and said with sad little eyes, “Mommy, I just don’t feel like hopping right now, maybe later.” 

During the program she sang extra loud, so we could hear her.  Apparently since we were on the back row two feet away it was hard to hear.  Funny girl. 

P1100317

Havin’ fun in his beloved train jammies. 

4 comments:

Stafford said...

O my heck! Eddie looks SO CUTE as a bunny, I think she may actually be one for real! You look pretty smokin too int he pics on here too Abbs!

Jamie said...

I went to call you the other day and realized that I had lost your number too. We are doing good! A lot has happened in my life and I would love to catch up. Give me a call. 435-820-4970.

Halsey said...

Your kids are so darling. I'm glad I can stay updated with the blog! And that lava cake looks like something I would definitely like.
Here's a question for you: how was the transition from one kid to two? It feels like time for another one but I'm NERVOUS!

Alesha Beattie said...

Abbs can I tell you how much I love that picture of the three kids in the left hand corner. So cute. Love you all!!!