Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ode to the Second Trimester

How I love the second trimester. Goodbye nausea, hello being able to eat food again without flinching. Give a big welcome to looking like I'm pregnant and not just chubby around the middle, and being able to look cute in maternity shirts. (I went to motherhood today and spent not only the wonderful gift card brent gave me for valentines but also a fair amount over. Yes I do have lots of m. clothes, but they're all the wrong season). And of course let's not forget how great it is to being able to walk up the stairs without having to sit down and take a nap. Plus the added bonuses of having much clearer skin and slightly more emotional stability (my family is also very grateful). I know that this stage of pregnancy is fleeting. I'm in that magical zone between 4 and 5 months when the memory of those yucky first months is still enough to make me grateful for every day that I feel almost normal, and not uncomfortable enough to complain. So second trimester, here's to you!


p.s. I go to the doctor again this week, so stay tuned for either a comfirmation or denial of the boy-issue...

5 comments:

Janey said...

You're so adorable! That shirt is really cute, i want to wear it now (is that allowed if i'm not prego?) :)

Love you

Charisa and Trent said...

I sooooo hope you're having a boy!!!
You look beautiful by the way.

Allison said...

And cute in the maternity shirt you do look! Enjoy your blessed second tri!

Adrianne Miller said...

I sware I posted already but its not appearing. You make a really cute prego Abs.

Stafford said...

Abby-way to go with the shopping spree, I totally believe in buying new clothes when your are pregnant!!!!