Saturday, March 7, 2009



Top: Painting fingernails yesterday. Eden chose pink poke-a-dots on red, and Laura chose red stripes on hot pink. And I even let Laura put on the top coat by herself. Of course it got all over her fingers, but that's why I let her do the clear instead of the hot pink:)

Bottom Left:
The girls' happy chart. We've been focusing on getting along and not fighting. My ultimate dream, like so many other parents', is to have my children not fight. I remember my mom trying to get my older sisters to call each other by their best friend's names. Maybe we'll have to try that. Our latest tactic was this chart. If they cooperated and didn't fight they'd get to put on a sticker-together. Laura would pick it out and Eden would get to put it on, and vice versa. It took them about a week, but they finally got it filled up. I think I only had to take off a few for bad behavior. So during our errands on Wednesday they got to go to Arctic Circle and get ice cream cones while playing on the toys. I must admit that Daylight Saving's time puts a serious cramp in our family for a week or two.

Bottom Right:
About two weeks ago I was feeling pretty blah, the end of winter is looking longer and longer with each new snow flurry. So during preschool while Eden and I were at Walmart we stopped to look at the after-Valentines day flowers adn noticed they were all marked down. Especially the tulips that hadn't even started to open. So we got three bunches. We kept a few for our table, gave some to my friend who was about to have a baby, and after Laura got home we took them around to our neighbors. Each of the girls took a turn handing the surprised women the flowers and saying, 'Happy Almost Spring!' It was a fun way to give a little service and cheer us up. Now if only the real tulips would start blooming!

No comments: