Sunday, June 7, 2009


Memorial Day Weekend



Grandpa giving the girls 'ponyrides' on his knee, just like when I was a little girl. Their favorite was 'This is the way the ladies ride...'. My mom teaching Laura how to embroider, or sewing, as Laura says. Laura finished her initials and a flower before we left.

Before we went Brent promised Laura that he would take her up onto a real volcano. So one morning they went and climbed the Butte. Laura ran the whole way up, racing the bus load of college students who got there the same time.

Also while we were there Brent and I went with Rosemary, Lexi and Lesha to the Bar-J wranglers in Jackson. We love going up there and hearing the incredible fiddling and western music. Thanks Mom for babysitting our little ones so we could go!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

I'm impressed with Brent's photo. cool!

Ellen Davenport said...

Abb, today in a bookstore I saw a book titled "Do Princesses where Hiking Boots?" and thought of Laura. I'm so glad she finally got to go see the real volcano.