Saturday, September 19, 2009


Eden brushing her snappy dollies' teeth. Good hygene is so important.
With Laura in school we've been spending more time together. Her favorite thing to do after we drop Laura off is to go shopping. This girl loves the stores and is actually very good about not pulling things off the shelves or begging for treats. So we usually do run a few errands together.
Also on Wednesday afternoons we have a few of the other little girls from the neighborhood over for a preschool music class. I'm basing it on the Kodaly method so for the first little while we'll just be discovering the basics of music: fast and slow, loud and soft, the beat, different instruments, etc. After that we'll do basic solfege and rhythms. It's been really fun to see how much of a leader Eden actually is. She loves to show everyone to their cushion and pick the songs. Last week I had to actually put her in time out because she wouldn't sit still to listen! Add music and singing and four other little preschool girls and it gets pretty wild:)

Another afternoon a week we're also doing a little preschool session with the alphabet and numbers and a few joy school lessons thrown into the mix. Maybe next year I'll put her in a preschool but for now we're having a great time at home.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah Schwartz said...

I absolutely LOVE this post. Eddie is so sweet and cute. I love that she thought they needed to work on their oral hygiene.