Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last half of September... Excerpts from my journal...


September 17th,
*Laura's been in school for about two weeks and loves it. She loves the rules, the pukters (computers) and the friends. The first few days she was a little nervous and stayed pretty close to the 'safeties' (teachers who patrol the playground) but now she and a few other girls like to play pioneer girls. We went over to her new friend Lanna's this morning. Hopefully we'll be starting a car pool soon.
*Eden loves to go shopping with me while L's in school, loves her music class, and learning letters with me. She hasn't been taking as many naps and is super tired.
*Ryan got his third tooth (1st on top) and is practicing walking, but is still mostly crawling. Also he's getting into everything! But he's still such a sweetie.
*Brent's back in classes, but is already ahead. We went to the temple yesterday and did the baptisms and confirmations for Star Hammerton Morris and his wife Lucille. I helped my Mom find these names over the summer in Idaho. It was a wonderful experience.


September 21st,
*Tonight during scripture reading Eden said that Nephi was going back to get the 'grass-plates'!
*Laura took her yellow blankie to school for show and tell, but we forgot to have her wear her athletic shoes for PE. She had to sit out while they did the YMCA. So sad.
*The last Saturday we had the dress rehearsal for the general RS choir at the Conference Center. The spirit was amazing while we were singing. I don't usually get emotional while I'm singing or playing, but thinking about the words of the hymns and the testimony and love from all the wonderful women around me truly touched my heart. I have loved being part of this choir. Our director, Sister Jolly, made every rehearsal spiritual and constantly built us up. I will always feel like I have a gift of music because of her words and example. The last few weeks I have really tried to follow the leaders counsel to read my scriptures and pray more. I felt opposition in the form of emotional temptations and time restraints, but I have also felt the spirit helping me overcome things that I have been struggling with for a long time. One thing I did was decide to try harder to have the Spirit to be with me. I felt like I was blessed, when frustrating things happened: water being spilled all over the kitchen, or one of the girls throwing a huge fit, that instead of just reacting there was a split second where I felt the opportunity to choose: anger and frustration, or calmness and the Spirit. What a huge difference this has made to me.

September 25th,

*Laura's been sick with a bad cold and home from school. She's been sad, but not too sick to still play with Eden.
*Ryan is walking all over and his other top tooth is coming in. His little smile is different now.
*Eden is still awake at 10:15 in her bed because she took a nap today. We've got to cut those out I guess. Laura and Eden went on a canoe ride/camping trip in the backyard today.
*Yesterday I made zuchini bread and we made thank you cards in FHE. So today the kids and I took some to the Bishop and his wife and to Nikki Smith who had heart surgery a few days ago. I hope the girls are learning about service.

No comments: