Sunday, November 1, 2009


 Last Saturday Lanna and Scott and co. met us at the Treehouse Childrens' Museum. We went to their annual Enchanted Woods event.  Basically the kids got to walk around in a group and listen to a story from fairy tale characters.  There was Puss in Boots, Belle, the Lion from Aesop's Fable, the Pied Piper, and many others.  My favorite was the last stop: the little pig and the big bad wolf.  It was in the theater and the kids got to help the little pig 'build' a house to withstand the wolf.  Happily the wolf ended up sharing a rice crispy treat instead of pork chops, and all was well.  The kids also got a little toy or treat at each stop.  Ryan ran all over the place, but the girls sat and listened very intently to each story.  They loved it, and afterward the Whetsels came over for donuts and hot chocolate.

We spent most of October sick.  The first year that we moved here to Utah we spent the whole month of October sick inside.  We thought maybe it had to do with the apartment we were staying in, but this year the same thing happened.  It wasn't the H1N1 thank goodness, maybe that's still coming, but rather an upper respiratory cold and cough combo.  Laura got it first and it spread to Eden then to Brent and I and finally Ryan is just getting over it.  Today, Nov. 1, is the first day we've been to church together as a family in about a month and a half!  I'm starting to crack down on hand washing and sanitizing and we've also decided to not take the kids to any unnecessary public places, like the grocery store or the library.  My labors might be in vain, but I'm hoping we can stay healthy for a little while longer!

We've also been enjoying the last few days of beautiful weather.  After the snow from the last weekend we're back up into the 60's.  Love it! 




This little guy is becoming a little tornado.  Into everything and running around. His absolute favorite thing is to be outside.  He'll stay content in the stroller for hours as long as he's out of doors.  Just like his daddy.  Except the stroller bit:)





4 comments:

Tews said...

I sure to want to hug those tornadoes.

The Clews Crew said...

The Enchanted Woods sounds like so much fun! The kids look adorable in their costumes. Sorry you've been sick.

Mel Glade said...

It's been a little while since I checked your blog. I can't believe how cute that baby boy is! (Not that he's a baby anymore, but I'm resisting admitting that mine isn't a baby anymore either, so maybe you feel the same?). Your family is beautiful. Love the family pics, the Mesa Falls pics.
TJ actually had swine flu about 2 months ago. It was no big deal. Seriously. He's had colds that were worse. So now I'm wondering what all the fuss is about.
Good luck staying healthy!

Devony said...

What a darling boy you have! I love your family pictures too! I haven't been good at keeping up on the private blogs lately, so I feel like I'm totally out of touch with you! I'll be better now! Your family is so cute!