So I don't have any idea where she gets it from, but Laura definitely has a love for books. There have been lots of times that I'll notice that she's being extra quiet and upon investigation find her sitting in a corner with an open book. And of course it's always wonderful to have a little friend come and sit down with me when I'm absorbed in my own novel.
Of course Laura loves to have stories read to her, for as long as any adult will continue. Today she was pulling all of my books off of our book shelves and making a pile on the end tables. I got a little frustrated, this isn't the first time she's taken them and left them in random places, but I had to stop and laugh when she looked up at me with those big green eyes and told me, "But Mommy, it's the library!" So we put mine back and redirected her efforts to her own shelf full of books.
Also the worst punishment we can think of isn't a time-out, although she spends her own fair share of time on her designated stair. No, the thing that will stop Laura in her tracks is the threat of loosing her stories at bed time! Heaven forbid.
Favorite book spot: anywhere, but especially on someone else's lap.
Favorite bedtime stories: The old Man and the Afternoon Cat, But No Elephants, Princess Jess
Favorite library book: The Princess Book
Books that I keep trying to get here interested in: Kevin Henkes stories
2 comments:
Yeah, I wonder where she gets it too? wink-wink. LOL about the "library". Too cute journaling. So precious. I remember making a library with our books when we were young. We numbered all our books & had a notebook to record everything in. (no computer systems back then) No, I wonder where she gets it?
This is too fun! I LOVE the last pic of Laura! How cute it that!?!
Post a Comment