So here I am on Sunday night, in my big pink fuzzy jammies lazily skimming blogs and all of a sudden it hits me, Abby D (also know as Abby 1) tags me. So you must suffer through my six facts about me. Here goes:
1. I do not like to clean. I like to have a clean house, but I do not like to clean. I have to do all sorts of motivational tricks on myself: setting a timer, spending only 10 min. in each room, having a cookie after every chore. You get the idea. But I love the feeling of having a clean kitchen! So I love to check cleaning books out from the library. Crazy, but see fact-o-two-o. So if anyone has any hints, let me know.
2. I think the answer to any question can be solved by checking a book out of the library. If you can't figure why your child is crying, get a book. If you don't know anything about budgeting, get a book. If you are terrible at cooking, get 5 books. If you're feeling stressed about life, get 10, preferably either fluffy clean romances books or young adult fantasy novels! We go to the library about once a week.
3. I am a compulsive list maker. Every day during breakfast I make a list of what I want to do during the day. It's one of the ways I cope, and enjoy, being a stay at home mom. If I have a plan, and goals, then I am much less likely to become bored and feel that yucky sense of pointlessness. Plus it is an incredible feeling to check something off a list. Not only do you get something done, but you get to physically destroy it. Before every vacation I make at least one list of stuff to pack. I already have my christmas list made of who is getting what, except for Brent's, who knows about my list obsession and looks them over every chance he gets.
4. I love string quartets. They are probably my favorite form of classical music. The perfect blend of stringed instruments, ensemble harmony, and soloist melody. I am happy that I am not a professional musician, but every now and then have a little remorse that I'm not as involved adn active in my music. And let's face it, I could be if I really wanted to be, but then again, that's a lot of work! I'll stick to playing with a volunteer orchestra and teaching my 3 violin students. And someday I'll get to play in a string quartet for real.
5. Hmmm, this is getting a little harder now. Aha! We don't have TV reception at our house. I have an awful weakness, that when a TV is on, I cannot concentrate on anything else. Some of you may know this about me and agree that trying to carry on a conversation with me while any program is on is not very coherent. It doesn't matter what it is, from Blues Clues to a commercial about bosnian children, it sucks me in. And I can't get it out of my head. I have to be extra careful about the content of the movies we watch because it plays they play over and over until I can't sleep. And when I do, I have nightmares. I used to dream in Gilmore Girls. So we just don't have TV. It all started because we were newlyweds and the TV we inherited was so old it didn't get reception, and we came to really like it. Life is a lot simpler without it.
6. Even though I hate running I'm signing up for the 5k in Moab in March. Brent is going to run the half marathon so I had to at least do something! I've been biking all summer and walking with 50 pounds of girls in the double stroller, so it should be cake! No, seriously, I'm looking forward to getting into better shape. So ask me how it's going and hopefully I'll stay motivated.
So I'm now tagging Maren, Sarah, Ellen, because those are the only people I know who have blogs and haven't been tagged. So now it's your turn to blog 6 things about you and tag 6 other unsuspecting readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment