Saturday, March 29, 2008
Like father, like daughter
March was a tough month for little Eden. She must be going through a growth spurt because she's always falling down or running into things. I know part of that just goes with being a toddler, we've always joked that her walk is more like controlled falling, but the last few weeks have been extra rough. A few weeks ago during family home evening we had just made it to the closing song without incident when Eden randomly leans off the couch and falls into the coffee table head first. She got a huge goose egg just below and to the side of her left eye and during the next week it spread into a beautiful shiner. It was just starting to fade when disaster struck again. We're not quite sure who started it, but the rocking chair won. And this time Eden came away with a big goose egg on her right eyelid that has turned into beautiful green and purple eye shadow. We're almost afraid to go to church tomorrow. Maybe the nursery people will assume it's the same eye. I've tried to take dozens of pictures that never seem to show the depth of the bruising, but at least in this one you get a little bit of an idea. Hopefully these are just a few isolated incidents and not a portent of the future. Poor kid doesn't have any more eyes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, how sad! Abby! I'm so glad I found your blog. It was totally random. I got it off somebody's site who I don't even know! Anyway, I'm so glad I can see how and where you are. Email me sometime (kiersten@musicalsmiths.com) so we can catch up or check out my blog at www.musicalsmiths.com. I would love to hear from you!
~Kiersten
Post a Comment