Friday, April 4, 2008

Now it's real

Yesterday I went back to the Dr. and after approximately an hour and a half wait I had another ultrasound. And yes, loud and proud, it is 100% a boy in there. I even have it in 3D. Holy cow. I was honestly expecting it to be a girl and have been in denial since the first early ultrasound. Nope. No question about it, I'll be garage saling all summer long! Everything looks good, he was moving around and has a strong heartbeat and so I'm trying to get excited about having a little more testosterone in the house. I'm just glad he'll be our third, so at least I know a little bit of what I'm doing. Brent's thrilled, of course. On my way home I drove past a park by our house and there was a father and son out throwing a baseball around. So here comes trucks, and superman underwear, and scouts and missions(hopefully). At least I still have 5 more months to prepare.

12 comments:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Hooray for an official baby boy! That is exciting news. I know you will take right to it Abby!

Katie said...

CONGRATS!! That is really fantastic news..boys really are fun (a little more destructive though :) Have fun and GOOD LUCK!!

Harper said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You will be great!

Adrianne Miller said...

I'll believe it when I see it! Haha. Good job Abs. Boys are fun. Just don't let him wear Garth Socks.

Charisa and Trent said...

Hooray!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Abby said...

Yay! I bet your dad is over the moon! :)

Darci said...

Congrats! Boys are so fun! What a fun thing to have BLUE finally in your family!

The Clews Crew said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting! Boys are tons of fun, very different from girls, but so much fun.

Alesha Beattie said...

Brent and Abby, I'm so excited for you. When I first heard the news I told mom it was a good thing because now brent would have a little caving friend. Just kidding abby. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

Allison said...

All Right!! Congrats to you all. Long live the Beattie Family name!!

Tami and Aaron said...

Congratulations!!! We've loved haveing a boy in our family but they are very different from girls! Beware of never ending energy. :)

Stafford said...

i love the "superman underoos"!!! what would that be like? sarah says that now we will probably both follow suit and actually have a football team instead of a beauty pagent...i don't know about that!