For me, things like sewing, scrapbooking, baking new recipes, and practicing my violin comes in phases. It's been months since I've touched my sewing machine, since at least Christmas, but my good friend Rita showed me how to make these adorable 'pillow case' dresses yesterday, and now i'm on a roll. Yesterday I made 4 of these adorable play dresses, two for each of the girls, and today I bound the edges of this plastic tablecloth for the girl's craft table in the kitchen. Next on the agenda: lots of ideas for more summer dress variations, and 'queen' capes for the dress up box. My new favorite sewing trick that makes this all possible: binding with grossgrain ribbon.
p.s. love the look of these dresses but don't want to make them yourself? Rita is selling them online! check out her website at http://www.meilijyemei.etsy.com/
3 comments:
I had no idea you two ended up together! Ha! Wow. Good to see you on here. Tell Brent Hi.
Those dresses are adorable! When I get into this phase of my life, you are going to have to instruct me!
adorable dresses! I had an experience with being locked out Annie learned how to turn the deadbolt on our back door and while I was in the basement doing laundry she locked it and i didn't have my keys, I thought I was going to have to call the fire department because aaron worked over an hour away. But luckily I went around to the front and only the door handle was locked and she knew how to open that. I was very relieved.
Post a Comment