Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Long Time No see



So I know it's been almost two full weeks since I posted, one was to let everyone see our 'going private' post, but another was because Brent was out of town for a week on a business trip and that was definitely something I didn't want to let the world know! Anyway, he's back now, except currently I can't find him. He's mountain biking in the mountain east of Layton. Oh wait, I finally got him on the cell phone, hurray! I get a little paranoid when he's up there by himself. Anyway, we're loving the warmer weather, the girls love playing in the backyard, I've got my strawberry starts in(thanks Sarah), and we even planted a few rows of carrots and onions last night for family home evening. Note: planting a garden with kids is not for the faint hearted, or the clean minded! We even have one little blossom on our cherry tree we just planted a few weeks ago. I love spring!

5 comments:

Lanna said...

I love your little garden spot. I have also got spring fever. It is so fun to see all the trees in bloom again. Happy days!

Mel Glade said...

Have Brent see if he can find a community mountain biking group. We joined one last fall, and it was a blast. Now I like it, because he can still go biking--while I stay home to swell up like a balloon in peace--and I don't worry so much about him. The only downside, is that the more male brains there are in a group, the more ideas they have about ways to kill themselves... But at least they can drive each other to the ER.

Darci said...

We want to be on your list so we can keep updated on you and your cute family! I was so excited to have spring and then it snowed today...grrr!

Binns Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Binns Family said...

Hi Bettie Family. I found your blog from Kristi's. It was fun to see your cute family. I want to be on our blog list. dabinnsfamily.gamil.com We are excited to start our garden too...it will the our first time.