Monday, April 14, 2008

Just a good day


Today i was happy to be a SAHM. I got to doze in bed while Laura helped herself to some cereal, and then we played in the backyard, it was about 76 degrees today, until Daddy came home for lunch. After that we got loaded up and went to the bank, where we all got suckers, Sam's club for diapers and smoothie samples, and the library. Maren and Sarah, do you remember the George and Martha books? I found one and read it with the girls for bedtime. Wow, the memories, we always thought it was so funny that there was a hippo named after Mom:) Anyway, the girls were so good all day that we stopped for Arctic Circle kiddie cones on the way home. It was just one of those days that make up for the not so good days. So this may not be a very interesting post, but hey, it reminds me that I like what I do, and who I do it with.

10 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

Thanks for the post. We had a similar experience yesterday. I think the extremely nice weather had a very positive influence on all our moods, too. Still I'll take it any day!!!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That's a sweet post and it makes me happy Abby!

Stafford said...

We read teh Geoge&Martha books from the library too!

Adrianne Miller said...

Yay Abby! I'm glad that you aren't being a monster mom and aren't locked anywhere.

Beattie Family said...

Yes there is hope for everyone:) like everything else in life being a mom is a rollercoaster.

Natasha said...

It's amazing how the outside weather can alter the state of your "mothering"! Bring on the warm weather!

Tews said...

What is this Mom is a hippo buisness? Mom is a rhino, everyone knows that.

Ellen Davenport said...

I don't know, I always thought Dad looked like a MOLE!

Adrianne Miller said...

Uncle Pow the mole? hahahahahahahahahhaa

Devony said...

Aw, fun! I loved the George and Martha books too! I love the split pea soup one! It's my favorite. I love that you love them too!