So in a few weeks I'm going to be spending a few days with a lot of extra time on my hands. On the beach:) So I'm trying to get organized before I go, which means getting some great reading material. I want a few books that are fun, light, and entertaining. Generally Young Adultish, nothing scary or too indepth. I would love some suggestions!
6 comments:
I know you knew I'd comment, so here you go! I'm not sure if you've read any of these or not, so here I go!
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall.
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
East by Edith Pattou (I know you like Robin McKinley, so you'll love this)
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Witch Child by Celia Reese
The Wedding Planner's Daughter by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Some Junie B. Jonoes books by Barbara Park just to make sure you laugh enough.
I'll let you know if I think of anymore!
Thanks Dev! I think I've read about 1/2 of these, and am looking forward to the rest!
Stephanie Meyer is a great writer! (Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse are wonderful) I am a huge fan. I know you're not into vampires, but trust me on this one. The Host is supposed to be so good too. Aliens...Gotta love it.
Also we are reading Chinese Cinderella and My Sister's Keeper in our book club right now. Terrific... Anyway, have a great time no matter what you do. Take a dip in the ocean for me.
PS~ Love your new blog setup.
-The Twilight Series by
Stephenie Meyer
- The Uglies Series by
Scott Westerfeld
- Anything by Shannon Hale
Those are the only "young adult-ish" novels I have read lately.
I really enjoy the books by Philippa Gregory that are mostly about the Tudor Time period in England. . a lot of Henry VIII and all of his wifes. I'd start with "The Other Boleyn Girl" although anything that she writes is good.
Not sure how "Beach" material it is, but I just finished "The kite Runner" and it was pretty good.
If I think of any more I'll let you know. I list all my "completed books" on my blog. . .
I enjoyed "the Host" Abbs. Have you read it yet?
Hi Abby-- well it is hard to reccomend books to an avid reader such as yourself. Virtually everything I think of I stop and say "she must have read that already." I just finished Ida B by Katerine Hannigan. I also read two hillarious books-- The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and the Diary of Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules. I revisted Chronicles of Narnia recently and enjoyed it. Did you read The Tale of Desperaux yet? That was a cute read last year. Do you have a goodreads account?
Post a Comment