The snow is finally here. I really like it when it doesn't snow until close to Christmas, the fun of the first real snow of the year combined with the spirit of the season is a great combination. I still am fininshing up my projects, and I hardly have anything wrapped, and that's nice too. So merry christmas season, and a happy snow to everyone!
We spent this last weekend in Idaho, we haven't been up there since Ell's wedding in August, so it was nice to have a change of scenery. Laura had the awesome chance to ride in a real cattle drive with Aunt Lesha. She went with Grandma Rosemary to watch while the cowboys/girls brought the cows across the freeway. Le offered to let Laura ride for a little bit and much to my surprise she got right up, rode for a few miles, and refused to get off! I wish I had been there, but Grandma promises me she'll get me copies of the ones she took. We heard about how Laura rode a horse for the rest of the weekend, and I'm excited for a certain christmas present I already got her: a standing horse, the kind for little kids to ride on:) L and I also got to go to Bailey's 7th birthday doggy party. 13 little girls, or puppies I should say. The only pictures I took this weekend was at the party, Maren didn't have her camera so I filled in. My favorite part was the doggy pinata that Maren had made herself:)
Grandma Martha had a special surprise for Eden when we got there: new Tinkerbell panties! Eden loves them, and has only had a few accidents. She's still working on filling up her potty-chart so she can earn her snap-n-style doll that's sitting up on the fridge. E also spent Friday morning layed out with a nasty stomache bug, but quicly recouped by the afternoon.
Ryan was a sweety the whole time and melted everyone's hearts, especially the Grandmas:)
Brent spent some time doing maintenance on his mom's car, and also got to play hero on Saturday night. The pipes at his mom's house, where Lanna and Scott and their three kids were also staying, froze while we were all in IF getting family pictures. They got home to no water. So Brent got under there with some heaters and a blow dryer. A little while later: running water and happy people!
I spent my spare time, after taking care of sick kids and their general needs, sewing on my mom's serger. I got the girl's nightgowns finished and a few other ho-ho projects done. I also learned a fun little card game called golf, watched two cheesy holiday specials (a weakness of mine) with my honey, and enjoyed letting the girls run around with their cousins.
Did I mention there was a huge snowstorm while we were there?! It was a great eye opener, reminding us that we don't really want to ever move back to Rexburg. When we left town on Sunday it was 6 degrees, when we got home that night it was 28. 28-6=staying in utah. There was even a power outage on Saturday morning while we were trying to get ready for familiy pictures. But I still can't wait to go back after christmas. After all, in a lot of ways, it still feels like home.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend...minus the power outage, and the cold, and the storm, and...
Yes, I never want to live in Rexburg, but it sure is a fun place to visit Grandparents/family. See you there soon.
Post a Comment