Saturday, January 23, 2010


Christmas Eve 2009
We spent Christmas eve afternoon and evening in Salt Lake with Lanna and Scott and co.  The kids loved playing with their cousins and making a gingerbread house.  Lanna and I tried to make donuts, next year we'll use the trusty Huffy Puffy Jemmett recipe.  We had easy and delicious pizza for dinner and the boys had another showdown on the Chess board.   
After dinner the kids, with Lanna and my help, put on a classic Nativity play.  The costumes were part of our Christmas present to the Whetsels, and before dinner I wrote up a short and kid friendly script.  We saw the angel (Kayla) tell Mary about the baby Jesus.  We watched Mary (Laura) and Jospeh (Eden) ride to Bethlehem, and saw the Shepherds (Ryan and Braydn) and the Wise Man (Dylan) come to worship the newborn King.  We even sang some appropriate hymns and primary songs.  It was really sweet, I think we all really enjoyed it.   



After we got back we made sure that Santa had a yummy snack, sprinkled reindeer dust on the snow, and tucked the girls in bed.  Then Santa got to work filling the stockings!




 It says: Dear Santa, I hope you like all these fruits.  Thank you for bringing us presents. Love Laura and Eden.  It was getting late so I helped write the body of the note and the girls signed it.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Clews Crew said...

I love little kid nativities! They are so adorable! What is reindeer dust? It sounds fun. Hope you guys are doing good.