Laura graduated!!! I hope to be able to say that many more times. Of course today it means that she, and I, stuck with an entire year of Joy School. It's a great program and I definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to do a cooperative preschool. I love that each 'unit' helped her to find joy in something. I personally taught the modules on keeping our earth beautiful, hosted the halloween program for parents, and the joy of individual worth and confidence. But the last day of the program all the parents came and the girls sang us a few songs and each was awarded a certificate of completion. It was really cute. She and I are both going to miss it this summer and we've already got next september's schedule set up. Yea for Laura and Yea for Joy School!
4 comments:
What a great preschool idea! Cute pictures!
We LOVE Joy School too! We graduate next weekend! Did you teach in units or weeks? We did it both ways, and the weeks were SOOO much easier! Can you believe that they are old enough to do it? Kelton keeps singing the songs to practice for the graduation! I love the programs...but people are trying to pressure me to do something more "academic"- whatever! So glad to see that you love it! I did the halloween party too! did your kids like the witch song? we didn't do it b/c it scared most of the kids! :) Hope you have a great week! yey for laura!!!!
Vanessa, you should go back and read about our halloween party in the october file of the blog- there's a pretty funny story about the witch song:) I love how the program isn't academic, although we are going to try the kindergarten prep year of the program next. We'll see how that goes.
Congrats to Laura!! She is growing into such a beautiful little girl. I can't believe how time has flown.
Post a Comment