Happy Birthday Dad!
Growing up I had no idea how lucky I was to have my Dad. Like most good things, and most good people, I could just take him for granted, knowing he was always there. Fixing my tires on my bike and then my car, spending his free time finishing the basement while we 'helped', buying us contraband candy when we went with him on vet calls, and of course filling up the boat with gas who knows how many times so we could spend the day on the lake.
Now that I'm a mother I know how important it is to have a good Daddy for my little family and I now appreciate my own Dad so much more. I hope his grandson, will not only have his grandpa's name, but many of his qualities.
1 comment:
Well said Abbs. We are so very lucky in the parent department.
Oh, and don't think I didn't notice that you totally swiped that pic from me!
Post a Comment