Thursday, September 25, 2008

My latest and greatest

At Ellen's bridal shower one of my cousings, Tiffany, had a great carseat cover. So being a crafty girl I made my own, and I have to say I love the way it turned out. The nifty thing about these are that they attach under the carseat arm with ribbons so that the blanket doesn't fall off or end up in the baby's face. Also you can carry the carseat without fighting a blanket that is inevitably either too big or too small.
I made this rag-style quilt in a couple of hours out of some clearance courderoy and my wearing out maternity jeans!
While I was at the store today I had a lady stop me and ask where I'd gotten it. I told her I'd made it and gave her my name and number, I think I may have sold one already. So if anyone' interested, they'd make great new baby gifts, let me know if you want me to make you one. But they're so easy everyone will probably just make their own:)

6 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

You are such a crafty girl! I love it.

Lanna said...

Super cute Ab! You are so crafty. I wish I could just make something like that and have it turn out. Too cute!

Stafford said...

Way fun, Abby! I like that you used denim...so fun.

Tews said...

Glad to see the sewing machine being used. Can't believe Ryan is growing so fast. He has changed so much since I last saw him. Need to see the little ones again and of course you and Brent. Mom

Ellen Davenport said...

I have such crafty sisters. Awesome. Now abbs, more photos of the baby boy?!

Kristi said...

I think I should let you know that you are my domestic role model. I think you are a Super Hero. I just got internet and enjoyed reading all your posts from the last few months. Yep you are pretty much amazing congratulations on you little one!