Thursday, November 27, 2008

Retreat...

This year for our annual Sisters Retreat we headed to West Yellowstone. For the last three years we've stayed in my parent's condos and scrapbooked for an entire weekend without kids. Can you say a well-needed break? This year however we ditched our trunkful of scrapbook supplies and brought our laptops instead. We've all gone digital and spent more time hanging out. It was wonderful. On the way home Sarah and I always drive together and put together a few notes from the weekend. Here's this year's:

The same:
*Wonderful company, my sisters and mom
*Lots of good low prep food.
*Plenty of junkfood and chocolate
*pepsi, pepsi, pepsi for them, and raspberry soda for me
*A few technical difficulties. But Sarah and her computer overcame their differences.
*Good movies: Becoming Jane and Princess Bride
*One really dumb movie: 'Lars and the Real Girl'. Mom officially cannot pick out anymore movies
*Josh Groban and Michael Buble

Different:
*Location: West was fun, and the internet was better
*Paperless Digital Scrapping
*More time playing together and laughing
*Mom brought the home videos of us growing up
*Hot Tubbing every night
*Actually using the exercise room a few times
*Baby Ryan: our first male guest. Perhaps the last
*More music
*All of us were married women! Opens up a few more topics of conversation...
*We were all mostly healthy
*We spent an afternoon browsing through the few little shops open
*A great dinner at the train museum, complete with restored early 1900s train car

Highlights:
*Definitely the train museum dinner, it was so neat
*Having Ryan to cuddle and pass around, he's such a good baby it was nice to have him there
*Our Home Videos: Who doesn't love to watch all of their old ballet, piano and violin recitals. Plus I've realized that even though I'm not incredibly beauty, based on my awkward years it's a miracle I look this good!
*Checking out of the hotel but staying in the lounge with the fireplace. We had lunch and plalyed Phase 10 Twist for two extra hours. They can make us give back the keys, but they can't make us leave!
*Coming home to happy families after a great break.

p.s. I left my camera for Brent and I haven't gotten my sisters pics yet, so they'll probably appear on here in a day or two.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

wow...that sounds like such a great idea! and sounds like that digital scrapbooking is so much easier! tell me more! always good to be appreciated when you come home! :)

Stafford said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adrianne Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Devony said...

I really love the comment about the home videos - I think we all feel that way! Glad you had fun!