Monday, January 21, 2008

The jazz and the beginning of a life of public speaking



This last weekend I had a new experience, I went to my first professional ball game. Brent was 'awarded' some jazz tickets from work because he's just amazing, and he gave them to me for christmas along with the season symphony tickets. So Saturday we made our way to Salt Lake. Also we're very lucky to have Lanna and Scott living in SLC so the girls went and played with their cousins for a few hours instead of being stuck home with a babysitter. They loved watching a Dora movie, playing dressups(Dylon was the prince) and eating pizza. In fact when we came back at 10:00 Laura didn't want to leave. Poor Kayla had been trying for an hour to get Laura to go to sleep with stories. It never works for me either:) Anyway, the jazz were up the whole game by 20 points which I should hope they would be since the Clippers are ranked the lowest team in the NBA! It wasn't exactly an on the edge of your seat game, but it was fun none the less. Brent and I have a great time making fun of the players and the jazz danceretts or whatever they're called. I love datenight, especially free ones! Go jazz!



In contrasting news Laura gave her first talk in Primary. She did a great job. Here is an unofficial transcript of her first public speaking appearance:



"'Men are that they might have joy.' Heavenly Father wants me to be happy. He gave me my body so I could be happy. One thing that makes me happy is to dance. When the music is fast I like to jump up an down. When the music is slow I like to dance like a beautiful butterfly. I am grateful for my body. "

3 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

I can't believe that was your first Jazz game. Its so fun! We try to go when we can. The tickets are very expensive so its always nice when you can round up some free ones.
Isn't KSL the best? I really am happy that we found that entertainment center. It was practically new and a lot cheaper then the same one at walmart, plus already built. Oddly enough the guy we bought it from in Lehi went is from Ucon.

Sarah Schwartz said...

Hooray for the Jazz, date nights, cousins! I love Laura's talk. I can picture it now.

Lanna said...

Go Jazz!! I am so glad you guys brought the girls over. Kayla and Dylan are still talking about it. Dylan didn't do as well with his talk in sharing time. He got up to the front and said,"I don't want to do it." and he went and sat back down in his chair. Better luck next time....