Monday, January 14, 2008

A Sunbeam's Perspective

Yesterday was Laura's first day as a Sunbeam. Sniff, sniff. I'm proud of her but I'm a mother so I get sentimental when my first child moves into primary. I'm serving in the primary right now so I get to see the transition first hand. How well she sits in her seat, except she doesn't like to sit by Kenny, and she wanted the little blue seat and not the brown ones. How she flipped through Brent's set of mission scriptures that we let her take, mainly because I remembered last minute that everyone who brings their scriptures gets a starburst:) But my favorite new sunbeam moment came after dinner. Brent asked her to sing one of the songs she had learned. They'd gone over 'Nephi's courage', so she launched into a full scale rendition, "Nephi was commanded to go and get the plates! From the wicked Lady inside the city gates!" Love it.


p.s. if you have no idea what the heck primary is, go to www.lds.org for more info:)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm laughing so hard! I'm glad that Nephi got the plates from "that wicked lady"!!!
Aren't sunbeams the best!

Cute paper background by the way!

Steph said...

wow, i'm so impressed that she remembers the words! i'll have to quiz victoria. super cute, here is my blog, although i'm a super slacker: stephamistad.blogspot. ttyl!
Steph