Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


So my sweet husband loves to do things for holidays. For him any special day is a great reason to go out to dinner, buy me gifts, watch movies, and generally celebrate being alive. Which is awesome, it's one of the things I love about him, but for some reason I really didn't want to plan anything for Valentine's this year. Mostly because I've only been running on about 70% normal capacity, although I'm not complaining-I really haven't been that sick, but still. So we had a date last week and called it good. Well I'm really glad we didn't make big plans because last night Laura woke in the middle of the night with the stomach flu. bah. and she passed on a touch of it to me. So we spent the morning in our pajamas watching Dora the Explorer and reading Mansfield Park. Brent took half the day off(well it is a holiday:) and took care of us. Plus he even brought me home roses. We're all feeling better this evening and had delicious ABC Manderin take-out (totally recommend the strawberry chicken, sounds weird but it s delicious). Other highlights of the day included taking a long nap, hanging up hearts from grandma martha in the window, and talking about what we love about each member of our family. Plus Brent tells me I have another present hidden somewhere in the house:) he sure does know how to make me smile!

1 comment:

Aaron and Kalle said...

Abby, I have to say you and Brent have children that look just like the two of you. This is the first time I have seen a picture of them. They are adorable. Sorry you weren't feeling well, but you have a wonderful husband for support.