On Saturday we took a little family outing and headed up to Logan's Hardware Ranch. It's something Brent's heard about since we moved here so we indulged in the hour and a half drive it took us to get there(thank heavens for portable DVD players:) It was a lot different than what I expected, I hadn't realized that the elk herd was actually wild elk that catch and feed to keep them away from populated areas. That day there were about 600 in the few acres they have partially fenced off. Not only that but some brilliant etrepeneur came up with the idea to charge $5 a person to ride on a horse drawn sleigh through the middle for about 15 minutes. The driver told us a little about the project and we really were close to the elk. The girls loved it. Laura's favorite part were the big horsies pulling the sleigh, which she claimed must be a mommy and a daddy horse. Eden wanted to be held the whole time, but they were very good the whole time. It was a really warm day and we enjoyed being outside in the fresh air and mountains. On the way home we came across a recent accident involving a jeep and some deer up the side of the hill. There were people stopped to help, no one was seriously hurt, but no one had cell reception so we volunteered to finish driving out of the canyon and call 911. We were really glad to help, a few minutes after calling we were passed by police cars and ambulances on their way into the canyon. Anyway, it was a good little family vacation. Lots of quality time and memories. I highly recommend visiting the elk to anyone living in the area.
2 comments:
Oh Fun! I love Hardware Ranch! We were in IF, Otherwise I would be sad that we didn't meet up and go with you!
Alli I keep thinking you're in provo for some reason! When the weather clears up we really should get together.
Post a Comment