Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A mess and a snuggle


I did not sleep well last night, the pregnancy insomnia is starting to set in. So I was not thrilled when Eden woke up an hour early at 7:00am, especially since the night before she had been rotten about going to sleep for Brent.

I went in to find her still laying down and pointing to her legs that they needed 'bandies'. Not an uncommon request for Eden, she loves to have both knees covered. But when I tried to give her some she just got more frustrated. It was then that I noticed that her diaper was hanging half off and her bed was soaked. Apparently I should have put on my glasses before going in.

So we got her cleaned up and snuggled in her one dry blanky and sat on my bed and sang primary songs in hopes that she'd fall back asleep. It was while we were rocking that I realized how special a moment it was. Just sitting early in the morning with a cozy little two year old in my arms and a baby kicking in my tummy.
She never did go back to sleep, but laid in bed next to me and babbled for almost a full hour while I dozed and listened to the rain. So even though I still have a crib to clean up, I had a few minutes alone with my little Eden.









6 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

Abbs, you sure are introspective lately. I love it. It will be so fun to have some time with your girls next week. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Katie said...

Thank you for that post. It's always nice to look at an early morning from a mother's perspective instead of a grumpy, sleep-deprived woman (that would be me, not you! ;)

Lanna said...

I love little Eden. I would love some snuggle time with her as well. Wish I could be in ID next week and share some time. Give her a hug for me and my little princess too...

Allison said...

You get to go to LA for Wicked??? Wow. Please document every little observation you have... just so I can read the posts to come and drool! :-) I hope that you get some good sleep in the future weeks!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That is so interesting that you write that. I had that neat experience of holding a baby while my baby kicked inside me. And that baby was Eden-- one day old in the hospital in Rexburg! Hallie still had a little while before she was born. It was a fun experience.

Stafford said...

so sweet