Monday, June 2, 2008

Ode to a Faithful Washer


I was laying in bed last night thinking of what I needed to do today, and of course laundry popped onto the list. It's something you can always count on. I know some people despise doing it, and yes it does get redundant, but if I don't get too far behind:) I don't mind it so much. Why not? Because of one of man's most amazing inventions: the washer and dryer. How many loads have been done in this washer over the last five years? How many stained white shirts and jeans have found new birth through it's churning action + color safe bleach?
So today I salute you, my trusty friend. And ask each of you this question: Have you hugged your washer today?

8 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

ROF-PMP-LOL!!!! This has to be one of my favorite posts of all time! Abby you make me laugh. I was cursing my laundry this morning, but that is only because I've been washing/drying my one load each morning, but not getting it all folded and put away. My bad, not the machine's. Thanks for reminding me. I'll go hug my washer. LOL

The Wimpy Mother said...

It's not the washing- it's the folding that I don't like. But having the odd opportunity to peek into your washing machine makes me think: You get to wash armfuls of pink, cute bows and flowers with ribbons and ruffles. My washer is full of grass stains, dirt, last night's dinner, etc.

Katie said...

Absolutely fabulous post!! when we moved here our amazing washer started leaking...it was like our world fell apart!! What would we do without our faithful friend?!

Beattie Family said...

Don't worry Robin, I have my share of boy dirt, and it'll get worse in a few months too! I'll be emailing you about how to get bug guts out of pockets:)

Abby said...

Oxi-Clean, my freind. If anything will take out bug guts and dirt, it's oxi-clean. That's another thing you can hug. :)

Natasha said...

I try not to hug the washers and dryers. . you never know what kind of germs they have at the lanudro-mat!

I do remember the glorious days of having my washer and dryer (and my own home I might add!) and I will NEVER AGAIN take a washer and dryer in a house for granted!

Stafford said...

LOL! I hate it when you forget a load and it is forever stinky!

Ellen Davenport said...

I WANT a washer and dryer. I am so ready to be done with this lameo apartment laundry life.

I love doing laundry, I really do. I can't wait to able to do laundry without securing handfuls of quarters, packing it all into baskets, dragging it down stairs, into the car, or into the laundry room which has 4 or 5 washers for the 200+ girls that live here, which the use of one usually leaves maroon splotches on your favorite cream sweater.

Yeah, I am ready to find a washer worthy of my huggin.