Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Black Island Farms

Laura's preschool had a busy week: they took a field trip to our local 'pumpkin patch/harvest festival'. The kids and I stayed afterward and had lunch and played around. The girls loved the bouncy pumpkin, the tractor train, and especially the super big haystack slides. It took a bit of convincing, but Laura followed after watching Eden go down safely a few times:) I even took a few trips down. They also loved picking out pumpkins and just being outside in the fun sunshine. If only I hadn't had a terrible cold everyone would have had a fun time...

Also it was the ever exciting preschool halloween party today as well. I will admit that instead of making Laura's beautiful mermaid costume like I had planned I got sucked into an absolutely great book series and even forgot to make her cookies to bring until 10:30 the night before. Oh well, she look so cute, thanks Rita for letting us borrow mary alice's from last year! Eden wanted to wear her costume too so we went to walmart while laura was at school, and got lots of smiles in my little piglet's direction.

1 comment:

Ellen Davenport said...

I laughed and ohh'ed about poor Laura's forgotten costume and cookies. Those darn books will get you everytime.

I miss you girls! You look super cute in your mermaid and piglet costumes. I almost didn't recognize my nieces! Wow, you girls are brave to go down the BIG slide!
Love You, Auntie Elle