The gathering of all the cousins and heading to Hogle Zoo in the fall is becoming quite the tradition. The third year was definitley a success, despite our, also traditional, adventure on the way to and from the zoo. Why do they always seem to close the freeway ramps we need?! But when we did finally make it there a good time was had by all. The weather was perfect- low 70s, and there weren't very many people there, and all of the animals were out and active. I didn't take a ton of photos because I was pushing the stroller, taking breaks to nurse the baby, and generally two steps behind everyone. But that's ok, the girls had fun running with the cousins and maren and my mom also helped push the stroller up the massive hill leading to the exit:)
Highlights included: the elephant show, one is pregnant, has been for a year, and still has a full 10 months left. You better believe I was feeling lucky. The penguins who were out waddling but didn't want to swim, the lions pacing around, the momma gorilla who took a good look at us through the glass, and of course the conservation carousel and the train.
I'm so glad that my mom, maren and her kids were able to come down for our annual fall excertion, next on the agenda: the auntie's retreat in November!
No comments:
Post a Comment