Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th pictures



Our 4th was pretty low key. The girls and I slept in while Brent had a great early morning bike ride up Mueller Park. We wanted to go to the Layton 'Freedom Days' fair at the duck park to watch some of Laura's friends' hula performance but got the time wrong and were a few hours early. So we grabbed a pizza and had a picnic on a blanket in the shade. Unfortunatly the 100+ temperatures combined with the disapointing lack of of rides or animals or interesting things to do brought us home after not very long. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out and having a good old fashioned barbecue as a family. The girls took really good naps, so we let them stay up pretty late watching a movie and then put them to bed. They had a hard time, but at about 10:15 when the fireworks were going off I went in to check on them and found two empty beds and two little girls behind the curtains watching out the window. We had a perfect view of the Clearfield City's big show out our second story windows so we all sat and watched them together as a family. When you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

2 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mean parent that put my kids to bed before the fireworks.

Unknown said...

I love that they got up and watched the fireworks together. That is so sweet! What good little friends.