Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Photoshop Fun



Per request, the long story of the negatives, which as it turns out really isn't that long: I found I had two sets of negatives, the normal kind from a film camera and another bigger format. So I took them all in to Sam's Club and said 'help!'. They charge $.19 a picture to take them from negative to CD, about $20 for my 110 black and whites,which isn't too bad considering. I didn't really check around anywhere else because Sam's generally is good quality for the best price. I should have gone through them a little more closely and picked out the good pictures that I really wanted to keep; I could have done without about half of them, but oh well. My next step is to take the bigger negatives, which happen to be all my color pics, to Inkleys or the equivalent. I'll let you know how it's going!

p.s. for Sarah: I spent about an hour last night putting my favorites into a blurb book. They look really professional and classy.

9 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

What is a blurb book??

Beattie Family said...

Aha, an excellent question! Go to Sarah's blog, wait, maybe I'll just go copy and paste her entry.

Sarah Schwartz said...

Abby that is amazing! Can Sam's do the color negatives? (that's all I have). I love your photoshop-ing!!! I MUST get it before I get any further into Blurb. Adi: go to www.blurb.com . Basically you can upload your blog and print it in book form. It is MUCH better than that, so check it out!

Beattie Family said...

Sarah, as long as your negatives are in the traditional 'film strip' format I think they can.

Adrianne Miller said...

Getting married later in life has some benefits. I don't have a single negative from my wedding. All digital baby!

Stafford said...

O-want to learn!!!!!

Stafford said...

FYI-Mom says that Aunt Vonda and Connie have scanners that do negatives! However, $20 to have Sams do it all would be worth it!

Ellen Davenport said...

Abby I love your photoshopping. You inspire me. When I saw the shot of your hands and rings, I said oh I'm doing that shot. Getting married after 3 sisters has benefits. Digital and otherwise.

There are also a lot of sites that print digital photo books. All at varying prices. If anyone finds the best one let me know. Heres one I've been looking at, they do just photos, or more of a storybook form too. http://www.mypublisher.com/bookstyles.php

The Wimpy Mother said...

WoW! All I can say is Wow Brent, you won the lottery with that Abby chick! You go boy!