Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 4 of 'Restricted Activity'

Thank you all for your prayers and support, there's nothing like going through a mini-crisis to find out who loves ya! We are doing much better. I haven't had to take any of the terbutaline medication since Monday because my contractions have really slowed down. I'm still on what I like to think of as 'restricted activity' instead of the confining 'bedrest', but I can take care of my girls basic needs and am quite capable of reading lots of stories.

Brent's being a trooper and helping cook and clean after he comes home from work, and even though it's the pits, is being a great husband and daddy.

We've got both floors of the house stocked with snacks and diapers to reduce trips up and down the stairs, and so many friends are helping us out. The biggest thing that helps is watching the girls for a few hours in the morning and calling me on the phone to take my mind off of pregnancy related things! But speaking of, the baby is doing really well and kicking like you wouldn't believe.

The view from my bed:

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love seeing Eden in the laundry basket! great perspective in all of this... you are amazing!

The Wimpy Mother said...

Oh Abby, Remember when we got those pedicures and you were begging the girl to rub your feet really hard hoping that it would induce your labor with Eden. Now you are stuck in bed with your fingers and legs crossed hoping the baby doesn't come out yet! Best wishes keeping that super active boy in there. He is just tired of being cooped up- he wants to get out and run! Weston was so active in my tummy that I couldn't even imagine him being helpless when he came out. I was sure he would be born knowing how to run and do somersaults.