Monday, July 21, 2008

Back down for the count

So here I am on bedrest again. Yesterday we had to come home from church again because I was having some pretty rotten contractions pretty close together. Maybe it's just something in the air in my sunday school class-that's where they always start! After a tributaline pill, nasty but effective little things, the contractions eased up and I actually got one of the best nights sleep I've had in months. But then I woke up this morning with contractions again. So I'm on as much bedrest as I can do with a preschooler and a toddler in my are, and more tributaline. For anyone not familiar with tributaline it's a muscle relaxer that helps the uterine muscles to calm down. Unfortunatley a pretty common side effect is also the shakies and jitteries. Plus they give me a headache. But it's much prefereable to having a baby too early!

My wonderful friend Bethany came to the rescue this morning and did my laundry and dishes and fed my girls lunch. Plus gave me a little sanity in the mix with some camomile tea and a chance to lay down. Hopefully after a few days of laying down pretty solidly I'll be able to just take it easy. I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow to keep us in your prayers. I'm so glad the girls are as independent as they are, but poor Brent is going to have to be pulling double duty so don't forget to pray for him too!

3 comments:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Oh Abby, so sorry about the early contractions. I remember you got strong ones with Eden too! We will keep you all in our prayers.

Allison said...

Good luck! Take it easy and we will keep you all in prayers!

Lanna said...

Let me know how things are going and what we can do to help. Hang in there.