So here we are about two months away from having a new baby in the house again. For those of you wondering, yes I'm getting very uncomfortable,but I'm grateful for perscription heartburn medication, air conditioning, and that Eden really doesn't need me to carry her anywhere. I have been having more braxton-hicks contractions, especially last Sunday. We ended up coming home early from church because they were getting pretty hefty and were about 7 minutes apart. But after drinking a lot of water and laying down for a few hours they tapered off. So I'm giving myself permission to take it easy. I'm seeing my doctor every two weeks to make sure that I'm not having any preterm symptoms and I have my handy perscription of tributaline just in case. I'm really hoping things will be calm and I can make it to Ellen's wedding on August 19th!
Laura and Eden, Laura especially, are excited to meet their brother. Laura loves to sing to the baby and asks me all the time if the baby is sleeping, or if there's a light inside for him to see, and if he has any toys in there. She's going to be my little helper I can already tell. Plus she already understands that mommy can't bend over all the time, so she gets to be my special picker-upper.
We still don't have a name picked out, so if anyone has 'serious' suggestions we're open to ideas! If any of you have 3 kids and didn't think it was too terrible of a transition please comment, so far everyone I talk to has just said it's not good. Even if you're lying please give me some encouragement:)
6 comments:
hey, seriously, not that bad. and you are super patient! the transition from 2 to 3 was harder, yes, just because there are more of them and it's definitely a balancing act! and you are outnumbered by the kids when you go places. but, i feel totally and completely back to normal now that taelin is 6 months! i know that might feel like a long time, but for the first while I really didn't go anywhere- so as long as you are good at that...I think you will do beautifully! you are a fabulous mom Abby!! You'll do great!!!!!!
Ellen is getting married!!! How exciting is that?! And I can't comment on the transition from 2 to 3 kids... however, between Rob and Chaz (hey, he's a BIG dog) I feel like I've already got 2 kids myself...
You look WONDERFUL!! So, about names..we had about 50 picked out for spencer when we went to the hospital and we didn't use any of them! Spencer wasn't on the list, but we were very inspired by the spencer's we knew..so that was a big plus! ANyway, if you want "the list" let me know! I just passed it on to my brother who had a baby on Sunday...
hhmm... if I told you a great name would you be offended if I use it in the future? No stress, I will just look like the copy cat! I am partial these days to Logan, Bryson, Clark, Landon, or the Prophet route: McKay, Spencer, Kimball, Grant, Taylor... you get the picture! :-)
Abby, I seriously thought the transition from one to two was TONS harder than from two to three (and I really, really stressed over it)! Also, Jason and I have enjoyed Ryan as a baby so much more than we did the girls - there is just something about the third. Maybe it's because the others are big enough to not need so much of you and can help out. Your family is so cute!
I think Weston is a good name!
Post a Comment