
Today I had a little change happen: I was released from my calling as the primary president of our ward and received a new call to serve as the visiting teaching coordinator in Relief Society. This wasn't terribly unexpected, with the new baby coming in september, brent in another presidency, and working on his masters, we were a little overloaded. I'm really going to miss the primary; it's true when they say once you start to really love your calling you'll get moved. I was just starting to feel like I knew what I was doing. Plus I was getting good at those articles of faith. And I'm really going to miss hearing all of Laura's hilarious comments in the middle of Sharing Time. She's convinced that 'the rain comes down and the flowers come up' instead of the flood:) But I'm also looking forward to attending RS and Sunday School, something that hasn't really happened for a long time because in our last ward I was in Young Womens. So here's to change and growth and to everything there is a season.
3 comments:
Abby you are so talented! I'm sure they will miss you.
It's weird (in a good way)being back in RS after being in Primary. I've found myself sitting there the last few weeks with my mind wandering, because I don't have anything to distract me! It is really nice though to be able to sit by Jake in Sunday School. Glad you guys are doing well. Are you coming up to Idaho any time soon? The kids and I are here until the 14th of July!!!
Congrats on the release and new calling! It's nice to have a little bit of "down time" before the baby comes!
Post a Comment