
Brent's Grandma Geniel lives up in Midway, Utah and we absolutely love to visit her. No matter how productive and busy I've been the moment we walk into her house I feel all the tension drain and all my laziness decend. Grandma Geniel is one of those wonderful people who shoo you out of her kitchen while she makes absolutely amazing old fashioned meals and says that nothing in her old house is worth too much for the kids to touch. She has a big backyard where the kids can run to their hearts content and a pea patch you can't keep them out of. We affectionately refer to her home as Gram's Bed and Breakfast.

This last weekend we planned a mini family

reunion with Brent's family. We ate delicious Grandma food in the shade, took long naps, visited, watched a few kid movies, and played games. Laura, Eden, Makayla, and Dylan played in the elephant sprinkler and intertube pools, kicked balls, and took turns pushing each other on the swings. Lanna and I went garage saling and found a few deals while Brent and Scott ventured up the mountain. Only the mountain fought back and they came home not long after with major allergic reactions to some poisonous plant. Between the hives and the trouble breathing they both spent most of Saturday knocked out on Benadryl.

One of the absolute highlights of the weekend was the Saturday evening kickball game. The car floor mat bases worked great and the kids loved getting to kick and run(although more often than not they had a grown up escort to help them find the right base). I even managed to get in on the action as a designated kicker with Eden being my running mate. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.

Of course we had to roast marshmallows and make smores to complete our camping experience. The kids were so tired but had a hard time sleeping outside so we gave in and slept on the front room floor the second night. Oh well, we were warm and the girls slept in a few hours later. It really was a great weekend as a family. Thanks Lesha for insisting we take this family picture.

3 comments:
What a fun weekend. I hope Bremt is feeling better.
I love the Pictures Abbs.
You are sucha cute prego Abby. Good job playing kick ball!!
Post a Comment